Pandemic no longer major incident in Staffs
Written by Hitmix Local News on 7 April 2021
The Coronavirus pandemic is no longer being declared a major incident in Staffordshire.
But Director of Health Richard Harling says, it doesn’t mean we can afford to let our guard down.
He says Covid-19 is still a real danger and we must do everything we can to stop the spread of the virus so we can make further progress on the roadmap out of lockdown.
Meanwhile after successful pilots, including in Staffordshire, everyone in the country is to be given access to two rapid coronavirus tests from Friday.
The County Council’s Covid Test & Collect Service opened up to include all Staffordshire residents last week. Following this and other successful trials the government has announced the extended testing programme will be rolled out across the whole country.