Fire at waste depot started accidentally
Written by Hitmix News Team on 8 July 2021
Investigators have confirmed a fire at an industrial estate in Stoke-on-Trent was started accidentally.
The blaze, at Biffa Waste based at Newstead Industrial Estate, on Alderflat Drive, started at around 8pm on Saturday.
At its peak, 400 tonnes of waste was involved in the fire which engulfed the building while six pumps attended the scene along with specialist equipment.
The remaining waste was moved outside on Tuesday with a Burslem crew on hand to tackle any hot spots.