Noel Clarke leaves production company Unstoppable after misconduct allegations
Written by Hitmix News on 3 August 2021
Noel Clarke has officially left his production company following allegations of sexual misconduct and bullying made earlier this year.
Clarke and his business partner Jason Maza have both left Unstoppable Film and TV, which they founded together, bosses have said.
A spokesman for All3Media, of which Unstoppable is a subsidiary, told Sky News in a statement: “Noel Clarke has left Unstoppable Film and TV. Jason Maza has also left the company.”
In a message shared on Instagram Stories on Monday, Maza said: “Today I leave Unstoppable Film and TV after 3 years. What a journey. Thank you to All3Media and all the incredibly talented writers, cast and crew that I’ve worked with. On to my next chapter.”
The pair founded the company several years ago and it was backed by All3Media in 2018.
Clarke has been embroiled in controversy since April, when some 20 women made claims of bullying and sexual harassment against him in an investigation first published in The Guardian newspaper.
He later had his BAFTA membership suspended, Sky halted all work with him, and the season finale of ITV’s Viewpoint was not broadcast on TV.
After the initial allegations were made public, Clarke was accused of sexual misconduct on the set of Doctor Who.
The 45-year-old has previously said he “vehemently” denies allegations of sexual misconduct or criminal behaviour but would be seeking professional help, and apologised “deeply” for his actions.
London-born Clarke won early acclaim for his role in gritty British films Kidulthood and Adulthood, and BAFTA awarded him its rising star gong following the movies’ success.
He found more mainstream fame in Doctor Who and had appeared in Sky police drama series Bulletproof, which has now been cancelled, since 2018.
Sky News has contacted representatives for Clarke for comment.