Current track



Current show

The Love Connection

9:00 pm 12:00 am

Current show

The Love Connection

9:00 pm 12:00 am

Local Non-League Match Reports – 05.11.22

Written by on 6 November 2022

Local Non-League Match Reports – 05.11.22 – By Dave Johnson

Well done our local non-league teams ….. seven wins out of eight for our teams this weekend!!

City of Liverpool 1 v 2 Newcastle Town

Following their recent heavy defeat at the hands of Clitheroe, followed by a week off, Newcastle got back on track, taking all three points from their trip to Merseyside.

Any nerves R0bin van der Laan’s side may have had going into the game were soon settled when they took the lead as early as the second minute.

Nathan Morley caused the home side all sorts of problems down t he left hand side before crossing into the box, where the ball was met by the head Jacob Lovatt at the back post, giving Newcastle the perfect start to the game.

Adam Hughes finished off a bright spell for City of Liverpool when he put the ‘Purps’ on level terms with 35 minutes on the clock.

Just four minutes later Newcastle got the noses in front once again when Kyle Stubbs struck a beauty of a free kick to put his side in commend again and with no further goals in the second half, it was the visitors who left the pitch the happier of the two sides.


Kidsgrove Athletic 2 v 0 Prescot Cables

Two first half goals against Prescot Cables were enough to earn Kidsgrove Athletic three valuable points and take them three points clear of their opponents on the day.

The home side went in front in the 32nd minute when Ryan Allcock sent in a free kick from out wide and Ollie Jepson headed home the opener.

Kidsgrove continued to look good value for their lead and with half time fast approaching they doubled their advantage to put them in command.

A terrific run from Kieran Knapper culminated in a pass inside for Kieran Brown, who composed himself to finish clinically  into the bottom corner of the net.

The Grove now sit nicely placed in sixth spot, with a big game coming up next weekend away to the side sitting one place above them, Runcorn Linnets.

Hanley Town 1 v 2 Trafford

If only Hanley could play all of their games away from home! Six home fixtures so far this season and Hanley have failed to pick up a single point at the Potteries Park.

Player-boss Ryan Shotton must be scratching his head, wondering just what he has to do to get his players performing on home soil close to the level they show when playing away from home.

Kyle Blake gave his side hope of picking up three rare home points when Kyle Blake chipped the ball into the net on 32 minutes after an effort from Louis Dodds was pushed into his path

A controversial moment early in the second half saw Alex Morris sent off for an alleged handball inside the box and Jack Dorney slotted home the equaliser from the penalty spot.

Playing the remainder of the game with ten men. Hanley were unable to hold out and 13 minutes from time Sajjad Elhassan was able to score the all-decisive goal wo win the match for the visitors.

Witton Albion 1 v 2 Leek Town

Leek Town showed why they are in second place in the table with a well-earned away victory, extending their unbeaten run to eleven league games – and they are still to taste defeat on their travels.

Neil Baker’s side were, however, behind at the interval after conceding midway through the first half to a Jordan Barrow goal.

Leek made a couple of changes at the interval and early in the second half the visitors forced an equaliser when Ollie Martin in the Witton goal was beaten by Tim Grice.

And midway through the second half, Leek went in front for the first time in the game thanks to a goal from Ollie Harrison. From that point on there was only one winner.

Macclesfield 1 v 0 Skelmersdale United

New Macclesfield boss Dave McNabb celebrated his second consecutive home win in charge with a narrow win at the Stadium.

The Silkmen could only manage the one goal against a side who had been in a rich vein of form, with three consecutive wins going into the game.

Macclesfield retained their four-goal advantage at the top of the table courtesy of James Barry’s eleventh goal of the season in the 31st minute of the game.

After a tough game, McNabb said: “We are going to come against situations like today where teams will block and it is up to us to break them down.

“I thought we created enough chances to score that killer goal but we were not quite as clinical as we need to be in front of goal.”

Congleton Town 2 v 1 Litherland Remyca

Congleton’s impressive home form continued as they recorded their seventh win at the Cleric Stadium as they did enough to see off Litherland Remyca, keeping them on the coat tails of the leading pack.

There was a let off for the Bears on 32 minutes when the visitors struck the underside of the crossbar and the home side managed to clear the danger.

There was little they could do seven minutes later, however, when the visitors beat Bears’ keeper with a header to go in at the interval in front.

Heavy rain met the two sides on the restart and the home side could do little to get back in the game – until the 73rd minute when Rocco Fregapane’s cross was met by the head of Richard Duffy. 1-1, game on.

Injured a few minutes later, Fregapane was substituted, replaced by Ollie Griffiths, who became the hero of the day when he headed home the winner in the 84th minute.

Lancaster City 1 v 2 Stafford Rangers

After their exit from the FA Trophy last weekend Stafford knew they needed a win to boost confidence after going seven games without a win in the league.

They will have gone into the game with some belief against their hosts, who had won just one in nine going into this game.

They still had it all to do, however and they went in front in the 29th minute when Alex Kiwomya spotted Lancaster ‘keeper Sam Waller off his line and he took full advantage, hitting the game’s opening goal.

Stafford had a let off when the home side hit the upright on 53 minutes, but five minutes later the visitors doubled their advantage  when Jaiden White slotted home.

Three minutes from time Dale Whitham pulled one back for the home side, but Stafford were in no mood to relinquish their hard-earned lead.

Ashton Town 0 v 1 Nantwich Town

After a run in which Nantwich picked up just a single point in seven games, they had an opportunity to avenge last week’s home defeat to Ashton.

They managed to do just that with a narrow victory, but they are under no illusions that they now need to put a string of results together if they are to get themselves out of trouble down at the wrong end of the table.

Neither side managed to break the deadlock in the opening forty-five minutes and the Dabbers still had everything to play for going into the second half.

In the 57th minute it was the visitors who finally got the breakthrough when Dan Cockerline’s initial effort was well-blocked, but he reacted smartly to tuck away the rebound.

Head Coach Gary Taylor-Fletcher was full of praise for the goal scorer, who recently returned to the side. He said: “To have him back on the pitch is what we want and what we needed.”